The Ventura County Sheriff’s Office, in conjunction with FOOD Share Ventura County and ABC7, are participating in a very worthwhile food drive campaign to benefit the food insecurity in our local communities. The campaign, launched as the Feed SoCal hunger initiative, runs from July 9 through July 29. FOOD Share barrels will be available at all Sheriff’s patrol station public lobbies for donations.
A special “Stuff the Truck” donation event will be held on Friday July 20 at the Thousand Oaks VONS supermarket located at 2048 Avenida De Los Arboles from 4:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
FOOD Share Ventura County provides food year-round to more than 74,500 children, adults, seniors, and families each month. Citizens can join in support of this great cause by donating non-perishable food items into the FOOD Share barrels at the below listed locations:
- Camarillo Police Station – 3701 E. Las Posas Rd., Camarillo 93010
- Fillmore Police Station – 524 Sespe Ave. Fillmore 93015
- Headquarters Patrol Station- 800 S. Victoria Ave., Ventura 93009 – County Government Center
- Moorpark Police Station – 610 Spring Rd., Moorpark 93021
- Ojai Police Station – 402 S. Ventura St., Ojai 93023
- Thousand Oaks Police Station – 2101 E. Olsen Rd., Thousand Oaks
For more information, visit www.foodshare.com